Venison Chili Beans
- 2 to 3 lbs (packs) Venison
- 1 whole large onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Chili powder (if you want it really spicy add 3 tablespoons)
- 2 – 28oz can tomatoes crushed or diced. (If I do not have crushed then I will blend my diced tomatoes to crush them.)
- 2 – 15oz cans Kidney Beans
- 1 cup water
Brown Venison and chopped onion, if you need to drain any fat then drain after browning. Add Chili powder and get it stirred up in your venison well, then add tomatoes, kidney bean and water.
Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hrs. Be sure to stir often to keep from sticking. You may add more water as it cooks depending on how thick you want your chili.
This is a great recipe to have friends over and serve with sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, corn chips or any of your choice. Watch the game or just to talk about your how your hunting has gone.