David Draper and “The Sporting Chef” Scott Leysath are cooking up Corned Venison Hash. Try this easy, great tasting recipe for breakfast hash complete with fried eggs.
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes
- small dice 3/4 cup onion
- finely diced 3 garlic cloves
- minced 1/2 cup bell pepper
- finely diced 1/4 tsp salt Pinch black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corned venison
- chopped Hot sauce (optional) Eggs
Make your corned venison in advance of your outing and vacuum-pack or freeze for the trip to the woods. For less mess in camp, chop potatoes, onion, garlic and bell pepper, freeze and vacuum-pack as well. The frozen packages will reduce the need for ice, and pre-chopping at home will give you more time to do fun stuff, or just relax, at camp.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in corned venison and heat to serving temperature.
- Scoot hash over to one side of the skillet, add eggs and cook to desired doneness (or prepare eggs in a separate skillet).
- Top hash with eggs and a splash or two of hot sauce, if desired.
Check out the products used in this recipe:
- Hi Mountain Jerky Seasoning and Cure – http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hi-Mou…
- Camp Chef Pro 90 Deluxe Three Burner Outdoor Cooker – http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camp-C…
- Cabela’s Outfitter Series Cast-Iron Skillets – http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabela…
- Hi Mountain Rub Blends – http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hi-Mou…
- For more Cook with Cabela’s recipes, check out: http://www.cabelas.com/category/Cook-…
Leave a Reply