Had the pleasure of hooking up with Streamlight again to review one of their unique, functional and well-constructed flashlights. The Dualie was no exception and really impressed me with not only its 2 bright LED lights but the functionality of the flashlight with magnets.
The Dualie easily lights up the path ahead of you while out at night and recharging is as easy as setting the flashlight into the charger dock and waiting about 8 hours for a full charge. With a 5 hour run time on high beam and just over 13 hours on low beam it gives more than enough time to find your game, finish up that job or light your way home.
Now to congratulate Streamlight on putting two strong magnets in the perfect spots to utilize the flashlight hands free and strong enough to actually hold the flashlight in place. With two available lights, one straight on like a traditional flashlight and the side light make it a great light to use when working around the shop, outside or on your vehicle.
I tested its ruggedness by tossing the flashlight several times while turned on at a height of 8 feet and at impact the light never went out or flickered thanks to the high impact plastic that surrounds the internal parts and light housing in the front. Having had some very frigid temps down to zero and slightly below I left the flashlight out long enough to bring the flashlight temp to the outside temp and it did not disappoint when I turned it on.
- Two LEDs and three lighting modes: spot, flood, spot/flood combo
- Spot: 180 lumens, 171m beam, runs 7.25 hours
- Flood: 105 lumens; 18m beam; runs 13.5 hours
- Spot/Flood combo: 275 lumens; runs 5.5 hours
- IP67- dust tight; waterproof to 1m for 30 minutes; 2m impact resistance tested
- Beams intersect for optimum path illumination and no blind spots
- Dual head switches on either side of the body for easy beam selection and one-handed operation
- Durable, non-conductive, corrosion-proof polymer resin; rocky stipple texture for a sure grip
- Unbreakable polycarbonate face cap and side lens with scratch-resistant coating
- Rugged, integrated, snag-free clip conforms to body of light; grabs onto shirts, pockets and gear for hands-free us
- Lithium ion battery recharges within 8 hours; can be recharged 300-400 times, then down to 80% of the battery capacity
- Operating temperature: -20°F to 130°F. (To maintain hazardous locations rating: -20°C to 40°C)
- 5” (19.05 cm); 7.09 oz. (201g)
Overall, the flashlight is everything you need in a flashlight, 2 convenient lights, 2 well placed and strong magnets, lightweight, durable and a high and low beam. Pricing on the web is around $70.00.
For more please go to: Gary Elliott