From Jeff Sturgis of Whitetail Habitat Solutions
In your deerhunting woods, do you know where the mature bucks bed? I think you’ll agree, that would be good to know. Bucks bed in very remote locations away from food, doe bedding areas and young buck bedding areas.
Contrary to popular opinion, bucks do not choose their bed based on the wind direction. Unless they are exposed to extremely low temperatures that carry the potential for frost bite.
Mature bucks bed in a layered system behind food and other deer. It doesn’t matter what direction the wind blows, bucks have a whole lot more on their mind when it comes to choosing their favorite bedding areas. Here are some important tips for scouting and finding buck beds this deer season. From Jeff Sturgis of Whitetail Habitat Solutions.
- NEW SECTION for MOBILE Bowhunters With Smartphones.
- GO TO: Deer Pictures By Robert Hoague
- Visit Whitetail Habitat Solutions on Youtube
- Visit Bowhunting.net on Facebook.
- Visit Robert Hoague Deer Pictures on Instagram.com.
- Visit Bowhunting.net For Daily News, Bowhunts, Tips on Archery and Bowhunting, Videos, Deer Pictures and lots more for bowhunters.